Director, Design Engineering
Astec Agencies Limited - Taiwan Branch
We are the world's largest merchant power supply manufacturer with significant presence in the Far East, Europe and USA. We are now inviting applications from high calibre candidates to join our dynamic team.
The Brief & Position Profile
The Taiwan Engineering director will lead an organization with approximately 110 employees in Taiwan including 80 engineering staff and another 30 for SAL, CS and back office support functions. This position will report to VP Global Engineering & Marketing and will be responsible for engineering programs and provide support to satisfy Taiwanese and Global customers, to lead and maintain a high performing and committed team for short and long term development of TDC, leaders and staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be accountable for delivering of the product development programs assigned to the center which meet specified performance and cost criteria with development budget and timetable. And provide necessary supports to the teams to reach organization goals and action items.
- Drive teams to develop aggressive proposals to win the business.
- Ensure that product design, development process and overall TDC practices are compliant with internal standards/procedures and applicable international and local regulations.
- Guide the development of core technologies to support both short and long term product development and innovation needs.
- Establish long and short range goals and objectives for TDC lasting development and individual employee achievements.
- As appropriate, work with the senior management team in the formulation of company strategy.
- Establish and maintain a culture of safety, creativity and continuous improvement.
- Develop a performance orientated culture, talent and succession pipeline.
- Site leader responsibility such as chairman of Employee Welfare Fund, Labor Management Meeting, Communication Meeting and overall operation, compliance and collaboration.
Job Specification / Competency Required
- University degree or above in related disciplines, minimum BS in Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years as a senior manager in design engineering.
- Topologies of Switched Mode Power Supply (SMPS) design preferred; No insurmountable non-competes.
- Intimate knowledge of relevant standard New Product Development Processes.
- Director with relevant industry and functional experience and preferable with several years at a management level in China / Taiwan.
- Direct experience with leading and improving a large Product Development organization.
- Process oriented.
We offer 5-DAY WORK WEEK plus competitive remuneration package to the right candidate. Interested parties please apply in full resume including contact phone number, current and expected salary to: Human Resources Department, Astec Agencies Limited – Taiwan Branch via email to HR-Taiwan@artesyn.com or you may contact +886 2 8752 2959 for queries.