1200 Watt Power Supplies (48 V DC Input)
The DS1200DC series bulk front end power supplies is the DC-input version of its DS1200 AC-input counterpart. Mechanically identical to the AC-input version, this product allows system operation from a Telco style 48 Vdc input. Rated at 1,200 watts, the power supply provides a main 12 V output and a 3.3 V or optional 5.5 V standby output. Active current sharing allows this power supply to be paralleled with the AC-input version, for use in battery back-up systems where both AC and DC input capabilities are required.
The main 12 V output can deliver up to 100 amps and stays within regulation down to zero load, making it perfect for feeding downstream DC-DC converters in systems that use distributed power architectures (DPA). Standard features include internal ORing FETs and an EEPROM for storing service data to facilitate efficient field replacement. The DS1200DC power supply is hot pluggable and ideal for fault tolerant and N+1 redundant applications.
This digitally-controlled power supply is PMBus™ compliant. A built-in I2C serial communication interface allows set-up, monitoring and control to be performed using Artesyn Embedded Technologies' universal PMBus graphical user interface.
Universal PMBus GUI Software Package
Total Max Power:
Total Max Current:
-72 V to -40 V
12 V to 12 V
Size (L x W x H):
11.000" x 3.200" x 1.570"
-10°C to +55°C
- Logic Control
- Input Range: -40 to -70 VDC
- Inrush Current: ETSI EN300 132-2 part 4.7 Compliant
- Efficiency: > 92% typ at high line and 50% load
- Conducted/Radiated EMI: GR-1089-CORE Issue 4
- Hold-up Time: 12 mSec Min
- Main DC Output: 12 VDC @ 100 A
- Turn On Delay: 2 sec max, 5-50 mSec Monotonic Rise
- Regulation: +/- 5%
- Adjustment Range: +/- 5% on Main output using I2C
- Stand-By: 3.3 Vsb @ 6 A or 5.0 Vsb @ 4 A
- PS-Seated: TTL Logic LOW when supply is seated
- PWR Good: TTL Logic HIGH when output in Regulation
- AC OK: TTL Logic LOW when input is within Range
- PS Kill: Open, output is off
- PS ON: Pull Low to turn supply ON
- 5.0V/3.3V dual outputs
- Enable (on/off)
- Output loadsharing
- Industry standard pin-out
- Trim feature, both rails
- 100°C Baseplate temperature
- Unencapsulated 2.3" x 2.4" x 0.50" pkg.
- 48VDC Input
- Thermal protection