AEE 15 Watt Medical Series
15 Watt Medical DC-DC converter
The AEE15W-M series of 15 watt isolated DC-DC converters are designed for demanding instrumentation applications that require supplementary or reinforced insulation to comply with stringent industrial or medical safety standards.
These converters feature low leakage current and a reinforced insulation system – critical for medical equipment applications – rated for 300 Vac working voltage and 4,200 Vacrms input/output isolation. They comply with the UL/CSA/EN/IEC 60601-1 medical safety standard and are rated for 2X means of patient protection (MOPP).
AEE15W-M series single and dual output converters cover input voltages from 9 to 75 Vdc, with three 2:1 input voltage ranges of 9–18 V, 18–36 V and 36–75 V. Each of the three input voltage categories offers a choice of six models, which produce either single outputs of 5 V, 12 V, 15 V and 24V, or dual outputs of +/-12 V and +/-15V. Rated at 15 watts, the converters have an operating temperature range of -40 to 85˚C, with full power available up to 60˚C. Typical efficiency is 89% maximum.
The converters are fully encapsulated in an industry-standard 2 x1 inch (50.8 x 25.4 mm) low profile plastic case. Standard features include latching overvoltage and overtemperature protection, with hiccup mode overcurrent and short-circuit protection. All AEE15W-M series converters use 285 kHz fixed frequency switching and comply with EN 55022 class A and FCC level A standards for conducted and radiated EMI.
Total Max Power:
Total Max Current:
9 V to 75 V
-15 V to 24 V
Size (L x W x H):
2.000" x 1.000" x 0.470"
-40°C to 85°C
- Input voltage range: 9V to 18V dc input
- Input voltage range: 18V to 36V dc Input
- Input voltage range: 36V to 75V dc Input
- Output voltage (Dual): +/-15V, +/-12V
- Output voltage (Single): 5V, 12V, 15V, 24V
- Isolation voltage: 4200 Vac isolation
- Insulation: Reinforced insulation
- Termination: Plated through hole termination
- Package: 2inch by 1inch
- Saftey approval: 60601 approved
- 5.0V/3.3V dual outputs
- Enable (on/off)
- Output loadsharing
- Industry standard pin-out
- Trim feature, both rails
- 100°C Baseplate temperature
- Unencapsulated 2.3" x 2.4" x 0.50" pkg.
- 48VDC Input
- Thermal protection